Friday, March 9, 2012

recipe :: mars bar crackles

Today I made Mars Bar Crackles for a playdate ~ this recipe is my version of Mars Bar Slice, but instead of putting the whole thing in a tray and cutting it up, I spoon mine into patty cases. Mars Bar Crackles are great for a playdate because they are a crowd pleaser, super yummy, portable and very easy to make, so I thought I would share the recipe ...


Mars Bar Crackles

3 Mars Bars
knob of butter (about 50g)
2-3 cups of Rice Bubbles or Coco Pops (for extra chocolate!)
150g milk chocolate (chips are easier to melt, but any is fine)

Chop Mars Bars and melt with the butter ~ can be done in a saucepan over very low heat, or in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (I prefer this way as it won't catch), or in the microwave.

Once melted, mix in Rice Bubbles of Coco Pops until coated.

Quickly spoon mixture into patty cases before it hardens.

Melt milk chocolate using a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (or in the microwave) and, when melted, drizzle over the top of the crackle mixture in each patty case.

Once the chocolate has set, they're ready to eat!


This morning I added some edible letters to mine ~ just for fun, and so everyone would know which was theirs!


The crackles were a success at the playdate this afternoon after school ~ with kids and mums!


You can find a list of links to other recipes that I have posted on this blog by scrolling down the right hand column. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Yummy! thanks!

CurlyPops said...

Nom Nom Nom. Are Mars Bars the same in Spain?

Caroline said...

Oooh, these are so evil and so yummy at the same time. I was also wondering about Mars Bars (and Rice Bubbles) in Spain, do you have a secret stash for important occasions? :)

Esani said...

hummmmmm...must try them. I am trying to put on weight.